Thursday 28 February 2013

Crafty Time

Hello everyone, well I have had a very busy week and not had five minutes to myself to do my next challenge piece, I have my dad very ill and father in law just out of hospital from a major operation, so as you can imagine its been one of those weeks.

Anyway I finally got around to some time to myself to do my next challenge piece
This is for Delicious Doodles 

So here is my entry 


I have used rose and butterfly frame from delicious doodles. I started off by adding a sentiment to the centre of the digi image, I then printed one copy with the sentiment and another without.
After I then coloured the whole image in using Promarkers, the colours I used are for the Rose - Berry Red and Poppy
Leaves - Emerald and Grass
Rose Buds - Hot Pink
Frame - Gold
Butterfly - Cool Aqua, Purple and Cerise
Once the first image was coloured I then picked out which parts on the second image without the sentiment I wanted to colour, So I coloured the leaves,rose buds and the butterfly. I then cut out the first image and the parts I wanted off the second image.
Now I choose my background paper and card to go onto the blank 8X8 card, I trimmed these down to size, once these were trimmed to size I then placed my design together and moved a few things around once I was happy with it I then glued everything down. I placed 3d foam pads on the back of my extra leaves rose buds and butterfly wings, these were then places into position and stuck to give them a 3d look.
Lastly i added some mulberry paper roses to the flourish's and diamante's to the swirls and leaves on the flourish's.
I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges

Kelly xxx

1 comment:

  1. A very lovely looking card filled with spring feelings. Thanks for joining us over at CCM this blooming challenge.
    Love n hugs
    marie

    ReplyDelete