Friday 15 February 2013

Feeling Crafty

Hi all, well after the last challenge the other week at delicious doodles and enjoying it so much, and being spotlighted on there for the card I did, I am now having a go of the NEW Challenge that is running 

The challenge this week at Delicious Doodles 

So this time it is something for the boys, at first I struggled to come up with something but after a while of thinking of what images I could use and designing in my head, I decided to go for a Pirate Theme card for the challenge and here it is 

Arrrrrr!!! Jim Lad

The images I chose are Pirate Polly and the Treasure Map, I also decided to use the Rose & Thistle Papers.
I took the images I wanted to use and printed them off along with the backing papers and the sentiments, once this was all printed I started to colour in Pirate Polly with my promarkers. I used Magenta on her hat and trousers  Purple, Amethyst and Warm Grey 3 on the underside of her wrap around, Berry Red Poppy and Warm Grey 3 on the outer layer of her wrap around, Tulip Yellow and Gold on the belt, Warm grey 1 and 3 on her boots, Azure and Sky Blue on her top, Emerald for the eyes, Cerise for the lips,Blush Putty and Oatmeal for the skin and for her hair I used Cocoa and Burnt Umber.
Now Pirate Polly was all done, I cut her out and the treasure map firstly i crumpled up the treasure map and then used Tim Holtz Tea Stain Distress Ink and the same on the sentiments once I had cut them out.
Now to put it all together I firstly got a blank 8x8 card and some black glitter card measured it to the right size and glued it into position, I then cut the first layer of backing paper to the size I required and again glued this down, and the same with the top layer of backing paper.
I then stuck 3d foam pads to the map and stuck that into position after playing around for a while of where to put it, I did the same thing with Pirate Polly used 3d foam pads and stuck her into place, After I put the bottom sentiment into place again using 3d foam pads and the same with the top sentiment.
To finish the card off I stuck some diamante's in the corners of the backing paper and in the corners of the top sentiment

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges also
Raise The Bar - Anything Goes


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kelly, love all the elements you have used...all goes so well together, thank you for playing along with us at Delicious Doodles this week, good luck hun, xxxx

    ps as you have used Delicious Doodle images, you can enter the challenge another time, this time, just add your blog, not the post, and use 2nd entry using DD image....good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Avril :) yes I did see about entering twice with using a dd image not too sure on what to do as a second just yet xx

      Delete
  2. Fab card for our "One for the Boys" challenge, thanks playing with DD this week
    hugs
    Ildiko

    Ps; Kelly you don't need to make 2nd card just enter yr blog link and add "2nd entry using DD image"

    ReplyDelete