Monday 11 February 2013

A bit of me time

Well yesterday I had a bit of me time to do some new things well the first thing I wanted to do was make some gift boxes and decorate them. Now the one I have done I actually made up a few months back as it was part of a 3d keepsake, but I never got around to finishing it so I decided to just decorate the box up. The box was actually the base for a 3d keepsake, so the templates for this I purchased from CraftsuPrint.

I am actually really pleased on how different the box looked after I had finished decorating it

The lid of the Gift Box

Side view of the Gift Box

Another view of the Gift Box

I first started by making the rose for the centre of the lid, I made this rose by using the Spellbinders Rose Creation die cut and my Bigshot, I chose the colours I wanted and the sizes of the die cuts, I then cut them all out and built the rose up, once it was all built up I then curled the edges over to make it look mare realistic  after I added glitter to the edges of the petals. Next I used some border peel off stickers around the edges of the lid, and on the sides of the lids, once this was done I then used Papermania Capsule Collection pink flowers around the side of the lid. After sticking all the flowers down, I then used some die cut vine swirls that I had given to me and positioned these in place and then glued them, once these were glued into position I then stuck down the rose in the centre.

Once the rose was in place and the vine swirls, I added some diamantes onto the leaves, then added two mulberry paper roses which i purchased from Wild Orchid Crafts i put one on each vine, finally on the lid i added a Martha Stewart Punch Butterfly to give the lid that finishing touch.

Now the base, I added some lovely pink satin ribbon all the way around. then I place the lid back on and there we have it, very easy and very effective. 
In the coming weeks I am going to do a few more of these hopefully in different sizes, different colours and decorated differently
The one above measure roughly
Width - 16 cm
Height 8 cm

I really enjoyed making this and can't wait to do more :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment