Wednesday 20 February 2013

Crafty Goings On

Hello all, well my goodies arrived this morning YAY!! so I had some happy post lol
Well today has been a little hectic with sorting a few things out for a paranormal investigation team I am apart of, then I had the pooch and kitty to see too and helped a friend out as much as I could, So after all this was done it was time to play wahoooo!!

Well I went through my goodies and wish I hadn't as there was so many I wanted to do and could not choose in the end I finally decided and away I was.

So here is what I have made today
Tealight Candle/Chocolate Gift Box Card

Front Of The Box Card

Inside the box card


Now for the hard part :), I made this from my goodies that arrived today, I had two discs full of templates and this was one of them so, I printed off the parts I needed onto thin card first, cut them all out and then drew around them on much sturdier card and again cut all parts out,(had to do it the long way due to my printer wont take thick card grrrr!!) I then followed the instructions and made score lines where I needed to and then folded where I needed too, once all this was done I began decorating, the first part I decorated was the gift box itself, I used border peel off stickers to decorate the edges, now this was done I could build it up and stick it all together. 
While the gift box was drying I concentrated on decorating the front of the card,I used a 3d Fuzzy Moon decoupage layered it all up using 3D Foam pads, after I took some lovely glitter cadbury purple ribbon, and wrapped it all the way around the front of the card and the inside, I then cut the ribbon to where I needed too. I then got my double sided sticky tape roller and went from one side to the other, then put the ribbon on I did the same again for the inside of the front of the card, at the same time as attaching the ribbon I placed two feathers in place.
After this again I took my ribbon and went all the way around the card, so it made a cross on the front of the card I made sure enough was left over so it could be tied. Now all the ribbon was in place I added my Fizzy Moon decoupage image in the centre so that both feathers just popped out each side of the image. Then I took some of my mulberry paper roses and stuck these down along with a tatty teddy Just For You Tag.
Now the inside was missing something so I added a sentiment in the middle of the ribbon which says Happy Birthday

Lastly all I needed to do was attach the gift box inside, so I used my double sided tape down the edge of the box and on the base, positioned it and stuck it all down

These will be the perfect little gift for any occasion especially Mothers Day, I have left the gift box empty for now but have made sure customers know they can have a choice of either Tealight candles placed in or a few chocolates 

Kelly xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment