Thursday 7 March 2013

Get Well Soon Card

Hello all from a cold and damp Stoke-On-Trent, well the other half is busy working on a car, so I thought I would have a bit of me time and make a new card, well I should say I was only supposed to colour a digi image in, but couldn't leave it at that so turned it into a card :) while i'm watching Sons Of Anarchy hehe.

The image I have used on this card is Lily and Butterfly by Delicious Doodles 


I started off by choosing my digi image, I also added the Sentiment Get Well Soon, I did this on publisher and then printed it off. Now for the colouring I was going to do the Lillie's all one colour but then decided to go for different colours, I coloured the image in using promarkers.
The colours I used for the Lillie's are: Tulip Yellow and Gold, Cerise and Magenta, Sky Blue and Azure, and the last one is Orchid and Purple. For the buds of the Lillie's I used Grass and Meadow Green. The butterfly I used: Hot Pink, Turquoise, Cobalt Blue, Pumpkin and Warm Grey 3. The frame I used: Poppy

Now it's all coloured I looked at it and thought this needs to be made into a card. So i took a blank 8x8 card choose my backing papers and card and cut these to size, I then used my edge cutter to round off the edges on the second and third layer. After I took two different strips of backing paper and cut these to size and I used my Big shot machine to use one of my die cuts for the butterfly then I cut out my digi image.

Once all this was done I layered it all up bit by bit till I was happy with the layout, once i was happy with the layout I then stuck it all down using Anita's tacky glue and double sided tape. To finish it off I added a red feather some mulberry paper roses the butterfly and some diamantes.


Kelly xxx

2 comments:

  1. Stunning card Kelly, love it hun, love the colours you have used for the Lillies xxxx Hi Teamie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Avril hun :-) i wanted to make it look different etc and i defo have xxxxx Hey Teamie xxxx

      Delete