Thursday 31 July 2014

Custom Order Stage By Stage

Hello all

Well I thought I would share with you a custom order I have been working on in stages.

I was asked by the customer to do a In These Moments Time Stood Still plaque with personalisation of when her children were born, So It consisted that she would need 3 clocks with the clock faces etched in with the clock hands. The size of plaque that the customer went for was 30cm. The whole design and cutting was done by one of my many talented suppliers.

Here is the product when it arrived with me from the supplier, this is how it looks before I started my magic on it, as you can see from the picture it is very detailed with the clock faces, then with stars and hearts incorporated.Before this arrived I discussed with the customer what colours she would like, and she had decided on Blue and Silver, so then it was decided for the lettering to be Blue and the Clocks in Silver, With the stars also in silver and the outer edge hearts in a baby blue and the hands in the same blue as the lettering.



So when the item arrived like above (hands are not stuck into place) I sat down and began to work my magic on it, I used a primer before I started to paint it, the primer, gives it that added protection so the paint does not soak into the wood and also makes the colours more vibrant, once the primer has dried I then sand it down using fine sand paper to give a smoother finish. I then began painting it in Crafter's Acrylic Paint in the colours mentioned above, and bought the product to life. I then used some Glamour Dust Paint in Turquoise over the Azure Blue lettering to give it that add sparkle.


Now all that was left to was, add all the personalisation including Names,Date.Of.Births and gluing the clock hands into place for the times each child was born. To do the personalisation I have used some Paint Markers with a very fine tip and hand written these on. The hands have been glued into place using Anita's Tacky Glue.

Here is the product all complete



The wonderful thing is with these plaques is that I can do them with 1 clock and up to 6 clocks, They can even be done for When you and your partner met,Got Engaged and Got Married for the 3 clock version like above, or go for the 1 clock version for when you got married.

These are available to order on my facebook page
Also available on my Supermums Craft Fair Stall

I hope you have enjoyed reading about this order and like what I have done
Kelly 
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment