Tuesday 6 August 2013

Special Keepsake

Hello all well I have been busy these last few days with paper work for Staffordshire Sands, also had my brother, sister-in-law and nephew visiting at the weekend which was lovely, I must say though I never realised how much I miss them all until they come to visit and they go back home.

Anyway today's post is all about a special Bookatrix Keepsake card I have made for my dad for his birthday which is tomorrow :) he will be 63 OMG!!! and he does not look it despite all of his health problems.

So here it is 

I have gone with the fishing theme as my dad is fishing mad, so I have used a lovely Wellington Bear decoupage topper, some lovely fishing grosgrain ribbon and the sentiment on the right I have done on my computer and then printed it out.

Here is a close up of the verse I have put on the right hand side



I made up my bookatrix by using my Glitter Girls embossing board, I scored out all four layers and then cut them out by hand decorated the edges with peel off stickers and then layered it all up, once it was all layered up I then added the decoupage topper and my sentiment.

To finish it off I then added some Candies to two of the opposite corners and added a heart diamanté to the sentiment, All I need to do now is to make up a box for it and give it to my dad tomorrow :)

Kelly
xxx

1 comment:

  1. so stunning kelly.i love wellington and your design and verse are fabulous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete